Write a concise essay of 3 4 typewritten pages (750 -1000 words) in which you discuss the theme of “sibling rivalry” in Genesis. You should examine the stories of Cain and Abel (Gen 4:1-16), Isaac and Ishmael (Gen 16:1 25:9), Esau and Jacob (Gen 25:19 35:29), Leah and Rachel (Gen 29:16 30:20), and Joseph and his brothers (Gen 37:1 50:26). In each case, how does the relationship of each sibling with his/her parents (and/or with God) affect the relationship with the other sibling(s)? What part do anger, jealously, and trickery play in the relationships? Recalling that, in the ancient world it is the eldest child who has the right of inheritance (the Law of Primogeniture), how do the Biblical narratives invert the normal social order? In each case, what is the relevance of the story to the promises of the Abrahamic covenant? What role does God play in the narrative, and how does divine activity affect the outcome?
- Some countries have implemented measures to protect the privacy of
- In this course, you have explored various concepts and principles
- DO THE FIND AND CITE SOURCES ASSIGNMENT BEFORE YOU WRITE
- Scenario You are a paralegal; your job is to review
- Directions: The impact of genetics and our environment on development