submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of
30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one
individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from
sources, even if cited correctly. The originality report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because
it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work.
Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect.
The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of
Tasks may not
be submitted as cloud links, such as links to Google Docs, Google
Slides, OneDrive, etc., unless specified in the task requirements. All
other submissions must be file types that are uploaded and submitted as
attachments (e.g., .docx, .pdf, .ppt).
Create a report (suggested length of 5 10 pages) in which you address the following:
Analyze factors in the internal and external labor market that
influence the supply of and demand for firefighters by doing the
following (refer to the scenario above and the attached “Memo on
Proposed Employee Referral Plan” to complete these tasks):
1. Discuss three factors that are influencing labor demand.
2. Discuss three factors that are influencing labor supply.
Design a recruitment plan for firefighters by doing the following
(refer to the task attachments and your knowledge of best practices to
complete these tasks):
1. Identify three recruitment objectives for your organization.
2. Develop a recruitment strategy for attracting job applicants by doing the following:
Determine the size of the applicant pool needed to produce 25 viable
candidates (job offer-ready) using yield ratios and the recruitment data
in the attached “Data on Recruitment Sources and Methods.”
b. Recommend two
types of individuals who should be targeted for recruitment (i.e., the
target groups listed in the attached “Data on Recruitment Sources and
i. Justify each of your two recommendations.
c. Describe two effective methods for reaching each target group.
C. Design a selection plan for firefighters by doing the following:
1. Recommend three appropriate selection methods for all target candidates.
a. Justify each of your three recommendations.
2. Describe two selection tests you will use to assess a candidate’s suitability for the job of firefighter.
3. Identify two background verification checks that should be used in the selection process including the following:
• type of check
• when the check should be conducted in the selection process
4. Discuss four methods of evaluating the overall effectiveness of your recruitment and selection plans.
D. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
E. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.