INFORMATIVE SPEECH PRESENTATION
INCLUDING PRESENTATION MEDIA
SPEAKING TIME: 4-7 minutes
GENERAL PURPOSE: To inform
Brainstorm, explore ideas, research and ultimately, select an informative presentation topic. Also
identify opportunities for use of presentation media within your speech. Presentation media are
technical and material resources, such as PowerPoint and handouts, which complement your oral
presentation. This assignment requires the use of presentation media to display content, diagrams,
charts and/or images necessary for clarification and illustration of speech content. Presentation media
must be effectively incorporated, appropriate and non-offensive.
1. Choose an informative topic.
2. Conduct research.
3. Begin your working outline:
a. Identify main points for the body of your speech.
b. Select the most interesting and useful information from your research for supporting points.
c. Include reference to your research sources.
4. Develop an introduction and conclusion.
5. Incorporate transitions.
6. Type your detailed complete-sentence outline, including bibliography.
7. Select the presentation media most useful for your presentation.
8. Create a presentation outline.
9. Submit your speech to Turn-it-in before your speaking date or grade will result in a zero
10. Practice delivery with your presentation outline and presentation media.
11. Deliver your presentation on your assigned due date. (Do not read a manuscript.)
PRESENTATION MEDIA REQUIRED
Content complements presentation
Incorporated within presentation
THREE – FIVE RESEARCH SOURCES REQUIRED
Professional, credible sources
Reference aloud within speech presentation
List using APA format on the typed outline
TYPED COMPLETE-SENTENCE OUTLINE REQUIRED
• See outline example and template provided
• Include bibliography using APA format
Your typed complete-sentence outline
Your presentation outline (no manuscript)
Visual Aid on jump drive – my computer will be available for your use.
For This or a Similar Paper Click Here To Order Now