The idea is that you choose a very small excerpt from the reading–3-5 sentences–and then write a response just based on that tiny chunk of text.
Here’s the step-by-step:
1. Choose a passage from the link below you find particularly challenging, thought-provoking, or meaningful from the “How to Read Like a Writer” chapter.
2. Transcribe the passage for us at the top of your response so we can see it.
3. Summarize the passage in your own words–what does it say?
4. Analyze the passage–what does it mean? Dig deep: think about the specific logic, word choices, and tone of the passage. How does this passage “work” to further the point or argument being made?
5. Connect the passage to one of our other previous readings. How does this passage relate to one of the other chapters we read? This can be a similarity, or even a difference, or any other kind of relationship you can find. Focus on finding and explaining one connection in detail.
For This or a Similar Paper Click Here To Order Now