Your final will consist of 3 parts: 1) PowerPoint presentation on a Military issue, 2) flyer/brochure, and 3) brief video presentation pitching your flyer/raising awareness for your topic. You will select the military issue you will cover in week 6. The text and additional resources must be utilized to support the information within your presentation.
You are to create your presentation as if you are a Social Worker slated to present at a conference/seminar to educate, raise awareness, and advocate for change on your military issue.
You must have a title slide, a minimum of 4-5 slides per numbered section below, followed by a reference slide (total minimum of 14 slides). Make sure you use in-text citations in APA format for EACH slide just as you would with a paper.
Resources should not be more than eight years old. Your textbook and professional journal articles from Troy library are appropriate to use and encouraged. Your resources should NOT consist of ONLY websites. Web sites utilized can only come from .org or .gov sites.
1) Title Slide – 2 points
2) Define the Issue – 30 points
(a) What is the issue?
(b) Who is impacted?
(c) Stats/data surrounding your issue; prevalence
3) What are the impacts? (physical, social, mental, emotional, occupational, financial, etc.) – 25 points
4) What actions need to be taken to create positive change? – 25 points
(a) Be specific
(b) Education, resources (phone numbers, organization, websites, etc.), awareness
(c) May include current info/resources available
(d) May outline plan/need for resources to be created if lacking
5) Reference Slide & In-Text Citations on Slides (APA) – 3 points
6) Flyer/Brochure – 10 points – Students are to create a flyer or brochure educating individuals on their topics to raise awareness, provide education information, and provide resources.
7) Pitch Flyer/Brochure – 5 points – Students are to create a video recording themselves pitching their flyer/brochure to prospective military members, their families, or other Social Workers. How would you educate them on your topic as well as help them identify helpful resources? Students will be graded on their preparedness, speaking skills, and content.
Tips & Pointers – do not simply clump all your information in one paragraph and slap it on a slide. Chunk up the information in an organized format with critical highlights. I like pictures as it relates to the slides, but it is not necessary for every slide. You can even insert a video found if it is helpful and adds to your topic.
Remember that this should be a professional presentation! What would you do to capture the audience’s interest?